What orthodontics can achieve
Most people seek orthodontic care for a great smile.
Though an attractive smile is an important treatment goal, orthodontics is also about the long-term health of your chewing system.
Correcting your bite can help you prevent numerous long-term problems:
- Straight teeth prevent caries and gum disease by making oral hygiene easier and more effective
- Good function prevents gum disease
- Good function reduces tooth wear
- Ein verbesserter Lippenschluss vermindert die Anfälligkeit für Erkältungen und trägt zur Kariesprophylaxe bei.
- An improved lip seal results in decreased susceptibility to colds and can also contribute to caries prophylaxis
- Modification of tooth position and expansion of a narrow upper jaw may correct atypical swallowing patterns, tongue positioning and tongue function
- Improved chewing aids the normalization of intestinal function